Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Till I entered the sanctuary of God

I don't have a lot to say today, but I did revisit my favorite Psalm 73 for some reason. Hopefully someday it, too, will translate to song.

Fortunately, though it has happened, I can say that I've not often the same temptation of Asaph to compare myself with the heathen and his prosperity. I believe I've been blessed with an abundant understanding of being content in most things. Everything good or bad is considered a blessing in correlation to who I am and deserve. Who am I that God should consider me? Should I really deserve anything good? On what basis? I am a worm, and yet still made a saint, taken care of and provided for.

"Surely in vain have I kept my heart pure; in vain have I washed my hands in innocence."

I don't usually desire or seek monetary gain. The irony of my struggle is coveting more of the little things - even the simple things.

Till I entered the sanctuary of God. I think it may be why I enjoy church and His place of worship. His presence keeps me grounded and honestly, at least distracted from the other desires that so easily creep in - part of the reason that His presence is good! To even be a doorkeeper in the house of my God is better than anywhere else.

O Lord Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in You.

Set list for Sunday July 27th, 08:
Awesome is the Lord Most High - Tomlin
Open Skies - Crowder
Here I Am to Worship - Hughes
tag: Amazed (Anderson)
Shout to the Lord - Czech
All to You - Brewster

How's that for diversity? :)

No comments: