I have to make a comment on it because the warning isn't doing any good bottled up in my head. So Kenneth and I just finished creating a curriculum for women's group therapy for wives of husbands with pornography addictions...let me just say that the research and statistics were quite mind-blowing. I won't include all the stats here because they probably wouldn't be read anyways. Apparently this addiction is as extreme as a drug, i.e. there develops a daily physiological need for a fix. Anyways, the bigger concept is what I wanted to share:
Kenneth and I were eating lunch in Buena Vista while waiting for Brandon and the rest of the crew for our 4th of July trip. As we're sitting there the television broadcasts a story about Christy Brinkley and her very public and dirty divorce. One of the things that she exposed about her soon-to-be-ex-husband was that he has a $2-3000 PER MONTH pornography addiction. Two guys sitting at the bar laughed at that - why I can only speculate... But soon after a few of their crude comments, one of them stated the obvious, yet uncanny, "and he's married to CHRISTY BRINKLEY!" Bottom line for you women is that it's not your fault and it doesn't matter how "attractive" you appear. I'm not sure if the guy fully understood the truth behind what he said, but the truth is this: 1) it's a bigger problem than anyone comprehends, 2) the media, society, and the internet are big contributors to the problem, 3) it's more destructive than anyone realizes 4) and it hurts our women more than we'll ever realize. I now have friends who have lost many relationships due to this problem.
The research for the effects on women is numbing. And we think the self-concept and self-esteem issue is bad because of the father-daughter relationship. It's becoming even worse because of the husband-wife pornography effects.
It's destructive for sure, and it's more prevalent than you think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment