
it's good to have friends in high/low places. I have the new Hillsong Live: This is Our God cd. It's growing on me. The obvious two hits are Desert Song, and Healer. it's hard for me to be critical since I'm not an accomplished song-writer.... wait, no it isn't. My feeling on this album is that most of the songs have some great hooks. My observation however, is that they should have taken these great melodies and joined them together to make one GREAT song rather than putting out more songs with only good parts. Make sense? It's an obvious observation because the majority of comments I heard about their last release (Saviour King) was that the song-writing seemed forced and they're putting out music just to put out more music. In other words their quantity is over-riding their quality. There are still times on this album when that seems to be the case - but overall it's a little better this time.

No comments:
Post a Comment