Friday, July 25, 2008

Randoms

3 f-15s just flew over. One of things I miss the most about living in Colorado Springs was the constant jet fighter sightings. For some reason they leave me stunned and almost as captivated as a visit to the ocean. It blows my mind the things that man has been allowed to harness (flight), and we rarely realize Who has allowed it. If I had an additional life I would certainly take a military pursuit for both the physical and mental challenge - a decision I still wrestled with even up to last year. But it wasn't God's call for me...

Although soccer has been quite exhilarating and enjoyable - so much so that I wish we had games 2-3 times a week, it's also been a source of frustration for me. Apparently I still have some competitiveness left in my bones, maybe even more now. Although I've always loved to compete it's never been a source of frustration because I knew that I'd give my best at whatever I'm playing and be satisfied with it. We lost again last night 2-1 despite a pretty valiant effort by most. I don't blame the goalie, nor the fact that our goalie was a girl this time. I blame the two idiots who played keeper in college, but insist on playing the field. They suck at playing the field and are apparently unconcerned with the concept of team. And i find it disrespectful to the rest of the defense who work so hard in back (Joel).

By the way, Joel, you're voted MVP once again. I think it was on the side-line that i heard someone exclaim "Joel is really good!" Put that in your hat.

Jess is having another girl.

I'm giving shout-outs to whom I believe are the only two people left reading this blog.

AND, I know there are a bazillion (real word) "blogs" out there, and they can be quite consuming, even time wasting, but I'm going to again suggest this guy. I love how he put this today:
"Things are changing though. In the last few years, He has been showing me that He is more flowers than thistles more laughter than wrath, more open hand than closed fist. Is He serious? Without a doubt. Do I still feel like it's a big deal to come into His court? Certainly, only now I think it's OK to arrive there by water slide."

In other news my mother sent me an email telling me that she had showed someone my camping/hiking pictures. Apparently the woman's response was "isn't he adorable!" Can someone be my age and still be called "adorable"? This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where the doctor declares the ugly baby "breathtaking," and then uses the same compliment for Elaine - forever lessening the impact of the word "breathtaking" for me. Ohhh the complications of communication..

Music:
They're a few years old, and I'm not sure if they're still together.. but I know I can always come back to and enjoy Something Like Silas. Specifically one of my favorite songs called "Words That You Say."

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Aw, thanks for the shout out! You should feel special, you're one of only two guys to who I sent that text (or is it "to whom?").

fentastic said...

It's "to whom." :)

I was going to say 'congratulations' ...but i already said that, and you can only have so many congratulations.

Joel said...

I'll put that in my hat. Thanks. Although it'll only serve to stretch my hat to fit my big head. You are adorable.

Joel said...

Something Like Silas....love them! You introduced them to me 5 years ago. Are they still together?

fentastic said...

Like a puppy.

Upon looking Something Like Silas has a new name and new members..which typically leads to a demise (or at least a change) in quality.

Charissa said...

ahem!

I read your blog!!!!

haha!

fentastic said...

Ahem! I wrote that on Friday. Today is Monday. :)

Charissa said...

I was gone over the weekend!

:)

Charissa said...

I was gone over the weekend!

:)