Not too long ago I'd met a girl that caught my attention in the, let's call it, "more than a friend" manner. Let's face it, I'm never all that optimistic with potentials due to my aged experiences and statistics. I have, however, learned to be more open in the last few years - still no winners. Anyways (as I digress), with this last one of course some peers were eager to hear more about her and one of their questions was "Is she a Christian?" A ludicrous question to ask sir Justin for they aren't even options unless they are - but I cut them slack because some didn't know me as well as others. My response was something like this:
"I'm pretty sure she's a Christian - though I'm not sure where she's at in her journey of faith. But you better believe that if we talked even for a brief period of time she probably heard of my God, for He's a pretty integral part of my life."
I thought of that situation this morning as I read a quote that goes "The truth is generally seen, rarely heard." Probably a true statement. Probably also true that truth is less and less seen today even. Upon pondering the statement however, I got to thinking how I've not shared Jesus (or even heard Him talked about) in a long time outside of the safe confines of church, camp, and school.
Yes I'm quite busy with "God stuff." And I really am unconsciously trained to be alert for opportunities to share Christ, but today this made me think that perhaps I've not actually asked for an opportunity in awhile. Just some thoughts...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment