Monday, July 28, 2008

by another name

Here's some more pointless thoughts:

Although (surprisingly) my last name gets butchered sometimes, I'm kind of glad to have a unique name. The surname Justin isn't all that common either. Put 'em together and one would think that chances of duplicating it are pretty slim. And they are, according to Google. Don't act like you've never Googled your own name. You might be surprised to find out who's page your name shows up on. I was quite encouraged with some kind hits.

Unfortunately, there is someone out there toolin' around the world with my name. I realize that a lot of you (all 3 of you - adding a shout out for Charissa) may have hundreds of people sharing your name, so I really have nothing to complain about. Should I feel guilty for thinking I'm more fun than this guy?


*This is also a test to see how committed Charissa is. Kind of like a timed test you used to take in elementary school. Times up! Pencils down. :)

2 comments:

Charissa said...

haha....

shoot. you posted this on monday and now it's tuesday! :)

did the broadcaster guy call him jfens?

My first name is becoming more common I think, but I rarely run across people who spell it the same way.

fentastic said...

Well done Charissa!

And yes, he does call him jfens. The duplicate name I can handle. The nicknames are harder because those are usually much more personal... I'm older, so they were my nicknames first!