I'm glad I can laugh at being my age and single. Today I met the new assistant at school (who was so subtly recommended to me) and she seems really nice. The humorous part of the conversation was that I was tempted to pull out the whole "oh, so you're new in town? Can I show you around sometime?" ha! I think I could have pulled off the cliche had I wanted to. I try to find humor in most things, and I'm sure she would have been flattered regardless.
I actually refrain from posting most of these humorous moments to prevent myself from sounding too pathetic or conceited. But I know some of you enjoy living vicariously through my awkward and funny situations so I might start recording more of them. Who knows, someday they could become a leather-bound collection or something...
Upon reflecting more today, it's strange how a simple email or phone call can conjure past emotions. Albeit not a hope returned, but a resurgence of memory and desire for a lost friend. Is there a single emotion term for missing someone? Do we ever really recover from loss, or do we just pretend? It's probably even better when things end bad. Did Tom Cruise have a point when he said in Cocktail, "All things end badly, or else they wouldn't end. "
p.s. Check out Alli Rogers. I'm not recommending her just because she's from Iowa. I'd checked her out awhile ago and didn't care for ALL of her songs, but the ones offered at www.noisetrade.com are all good. Get her - and feel free to use my email. Fantastic songwriter, and so young. Call me jealous.
She stole my thought:
"so this is how it feels to be breathless, when someone walks out of a room"
And a word of wisdom I heard on the radio today: "In a true loving relationship you don't do the bare minimum. You go the extra mile."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment