"I've made a huge mistake." a repeated funny quote from Arrested Development. I said it today when one of my fears came to fruition. I'm going to have too much time on my hands now that I dropped my summer Theology course. I have nothing to read for. Part of the reason I dropped the class is to spend more time with the church family and friends, and that will happen, but still not enough to keep me occupied. I'm at the coffee shop now with Sherlock, but I'm still not really motivated to read.
I've mentioned before that people are putting the pressure on to write some original music. People at church keep asking for our cd..tThis week it was amplified even more...so we're getting together on Wednesday night to brainstorm and see what happens. Hopefully it's a God thing...cause if it ain't, ain't gonna be anything good, that's for sure. I feel like this free time may even be a part of this development...though I'll honestly admit I'm afraid of the effort it will require. Even as I dream about delivering a perfect sermon I realize most of the fear is the effort it would take to write one. Perhaps it's my perfectionism that is keeping me from jumping into the process knowing it will be a LOT of hard work. I rarely half-ass anything. By the by, the term "half-ass" should regularly be accepted in our conversations today. It conveys the desired concept so clearly, and I've searched for others, but they do the job as well. There's some randomness for you.
I still have one song waiting to be finished. Ain't a church song. And as my good friend Jon Bon Jovi wrote, it "aint' a love song" either. Okay, we're not really friends - but he really wishes we were. Something about the sun...or something. Maybe I'll work on that now, though I'm curious if it might be too late to revisit it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment