Sunday, June 29, 2008

timely randomness

"Well," said our engineer ruefully as we took our seats to return once more to London, "it has been a pretty business for me! I have lost my thumb and I have lost a fifty-guinea fee, and what have I gained?"
"Experience," said Holmes, laughing. "Indirectly it may be of value, you know; you have only to put it into words to gain the reputation of being excellent company for the remainder of your existence."

Biblical or not, it's tried and true: Do not be deceived: "Bad company corrupts good morals." (1 Cor. 15:33)


Argh. I'm left fighting a ferocious headache. Fortunately, I rarely get them. My "host family," as I call them (though they'd rather be called "Mom & Dad"), were sick all week and they feared I'd catch it. I faired well until yesterday afternoon when I felt something creeping into my head. I think all the physical exertion from soccer, volleyball, and late-night friday activities left me susceptible to illness. After a 24 hour headache, however, I'm giving in and will soon be hocked-up on headache and sleep medication. :) Could be worse...

I'd realized a little over a month ago how fast this year of life was passing. A few people generously reminded me again yesterday just how much this coming week has crept up upon me.

Also, right now i've been split between church and school with what I would call a good balance. However, it was mentioned today that there may be some changes coming at church, due to our growth, that may force me to emphasize one more than the other...this would require some changes that I don't necessarily welcome at this time...and in turn would put me in that place of decision making that most of us don't enjoy. We'll see what happens won't we...

Settling down to watch "Fool's Gold" in hopes of some good laughs. Do join me.

No comments: