Ahh. Just wrapped up another evening on the back deck with Mr. Holmes and the good doctor Watson. I love that it's 8:30 and still quite light out. Although, this evening has become rather cool and I was forced to don a long sleeve shirt. 63 degrees Weatherbug is telling me. It's been a tiring weekend and I was disappointed to sleep away the brilliant afternoon sun, but alas it was needed.
Church went quite well this morning with a more fantastic time of corporate worship than we've had in awhile. I had an acoustic player trying out which allowed me to rock out on the electric guitar with Rob. We even got some encouraging comments on some of the guitar harmonies that Rob and I were able to pull off. I would have loved to have done the solo for "From the Inside Out," because it's absolutely fun, but decided to let Rob do his thing. He actually wanted me to do it so that he could play the harmony lead, but I didn't want it to be showy. Rob's intricate and phenomenal guitar skills are showy enough.
Kelsey's party Saturday night was a pretty good time as well. I do wish I could've stayed longer even though I got home at 1. Church calls. Actually, I'm surprised to think on it and realize that I really didn't meet anyone new - apart from David, Kelsey's boyfriend from New Zealand. His ministry is based in Singapore, but it was quite cool to hear him speak with his accent of course. I love the English and Aussie accents when they say "God" and "Lord." Cool guy. Hope she can keep her emotions together and get it figured out :)
Anyways, there were a couple of girls whom I expect probably wanted me to ask for a phone number...both actually, Kelsey has tried to set me up with in the past. I passed then as well. This, however, just enforced what I'd already concluded. Both nice girls, but I already know that I needn't spend time playing the game. This is my conclusion that I'd alluded to previously: I know what I'm looking for and despite Brandon's enjoyment of double dating and meeting my new people, I'm going back to listening to Justin, and back to my old methods. The recent new methods, though pleasantly affirming, are causing situations that I could avoid altogether. This I knew before. Situations that I currently find myself in that will now require awkward conversations that I've always tried to avoid. They suck, and aren't necessary if i'd just listen to me. So there's that...I could give further explanation, but here isn't the place.
Despite not having class, last week felt incredibly busy and exhausting and this week looks like a lot of the same.
I have a meeting with the Denver Nuggets tomorrow...you know, they might be getting rid of Carmelo Anthony and are shopping for a replacement. I don't know, basketball isn't really my thing. It's at 1:30. Mark asked if I might see if I can't get the Pepsi Center reserved for church on Easter. That I'm going to ask about! :)
Perhaps I'll take in another adventure with the super sleuths before sleep tonight. My 2 hour nap, though not quite continuous and refreshing, may hinder tonights sleep chances.
Blessings to you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment