
wow. Nothing like a few games of sand volleyball to point out my age and need for more physical activity. I honestly can't remember the last time I'd played volleyball, let alone sand volleyball. It's a 4 on 4 league and again I was reminded why I prefer 2 on 2. I'm not fantastic, and I definitely need to re-hone the skills from back in the day, but needless to say, it was fun. My lungs were feeling the altitude after the first game which was an honest surprise since i have been running. This just emphasizes my body's lack of endurance (which I've always been aware of). The soreness that my legs and back began to feel shortly after was no surprise however, I never get to jump that much, let alone in sand. it was also a little strange to show up to sand volleyball courts in the park though. Both Kenneth and I pointed out the strangeness of not playing in swim attire - we were both used to playing and running for the water.
These observations definitely don't bode well for soccer. I'm gonna be hurtin'! I must comment how amazingly nice it is to fall asleep when my head hits the pillow. mmmm
On another note we went to see The Autumn Film last night. They were good as always. They busted out a new song which I will have to anticipate for awhile as it's not recorded yet. Chatted with Reid for awhile. He's doing well and enjoying the ride. He again expressed his interest to play with us at church. Unfortunately I have another guy now at the church showing interest (electric guitar) so I doubt it will happen for now.
The headliners were a band called Hearts of Palm. Apparently they're kind of local as well. I had not heard any of there music before, but was slightly impressed. I'm not sure I'd go out and buy their music, but I really liked the singers voice and I must say, they are fantastically fun entertainers! I think I laughed half the show.
Experienced another comically awkward moment last night running into a roommate of "starbucks girl" (as nicknamed by Brandon). There've been a few funny stories of awkward situations regarding this season of opportunity lately. I also think i reached a conclusion this week regarding my approach with the ladies that I may have to put down in words. Until then, chow. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment