First, as short as she DID cut my hair, I definitely think I can pull off the buzz-cut for a bit. And it wouldn't take long to grow to where it is now. it's coming...
Second, I left my favorite Bible (for reading) at church on Sunday...and it really bugs me - not in an OCD manner, but I did my reading on the computer this morning and let me just say, it's not the same. I guess it's a personal thing. Me and my Bible. :)
Third I've been quite burdened this week. I met with one of my team member earlier - one whom I thought may have come to know Christ recently. Not so. We met for sushi and it became quite clear that he is quite lost. He attempts to use the christianese language, not for show, but because he thinks that's what Christianity looks like. Unfortunately, he's also not open to receiving too much input - mostly because he's too busy talking. :) Let me fill in some gaps. I'm just a beginner, but I think he may be psychotic. Just one of the many examples: "Half of the world believes in re-incarnation, so therefore it's true." Now, if you know me at all, you know that a lot of my communication (intentional and unintentional) is through non-verbal facial expression. Let me just say I had to be alert and controlled so as not to offend his ranting. I thought it better to just listen as he tried to work it out in words. My concern, however, is that I believe he is moving farther and farther away from reality and logical processing. Even worse is that he's addicted to smoking pot everyday and also proceeded to tell me about his found pleasure in shrooms and other drugs. He's got no desire to quit because he believes he finds enlightenment by it, and even encounters Christ... Anyways, at least he trusts me to be open and honest at this point. He also thanked me for merely hanging out with him because he doesn't get to hang out with many people on that level. I hope I can find the balance of friendship while also communicating truth.
Another reminder for me that every person has a story. Everyone has a journey, and everyone is at a different place in it. My emphasis in that statement is EVERYONE. Even the stranger that passes by me. I can't be all things to all people (and i need to be reminded of that often so I stop trying), but I can be what I am, who I am, with what I have to the people placed in my path at this point in MY journey.
Psychosis |sīˈkōsəs|
noun ( pl. -ses |-ˌsēz|)
a severe mental disorder in which thought and emotions are so impaired that contact is lost with external reality.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
mmmmmm....sushi
Post a Comment