Saturday, June 21, 2008

weekly randomness

It's been a long week of late nights. Not all partying mind you. A lot of driving actually. You know how I love that... visiting friends from out of town requires setting aside my dislikes sometimes for the chance to get catch-up time. Also, if you've heard of Casa Bonitas you've probably also heard how bad the food is there. Listen: no matter how much people say that the show makes up for it, it doesn't. The food was horrible and the "show" isn't that much better. :) It's not a real gorilla, and why do I want to see other people cliff diving when I'd rather be doing it!

Anyways, getting out and visiting different places around the city this week provided for ample opportunity to people watch. Last night's night life was enough for awhile though I think. The downtown bar scene, though thoroughly enjoyable if the atmosphere provides for good conversation (without yelling over music), has become too discouraging per observation of the human race. Enormous amounts of very attractive woman mind you, but hearing the pathetic comments and conversations of the men that are after them are downright sad. Not just in reference to the objectification of women, but also to the point where we'd heard enough ignorant comments to make us leave. They ain't gaining "street cred" in my book just because they attempted to flirt and pick up a woman. Maybe you'd have to be there to understand... maybe that sounds more arrogant than it's intended...

I could never move back to Iowa, but I have a strange specific desire to take a motorcycle ride around Dubuque, IA and it's countryside.

No comments: