Friday, May 23, 2008

randomness (in class)

Ugh. After a late night of what was supposed to be salsa dancing I'm struggling to stay awake at the beginning of this 3.5 hour class. Fortunately we have a pretty cool professor. I wish I had a camera on the other side of this computer to take a picture of her. Partly because of her outfit today I realized who she reminds me of - mostly in tone and inflection of voice: Joan Cusack, specifically her role in Runaway Bride. She speaks almost exactly like her, looks a little like her too, only younger. Aside from the nose-ring, brown-rimmed glasses, and burnt-orange hat today...

There were two movies I said I'd never see: Runaway Bride and You've Got Mail. However, at a weak moment one Thanksgiving, with all the roommates gone and all the other movies in the house already viewed...I gave in. Loved them both. I'm not sure why i wrote this, other than to amuse myself with the ironic memory for a grin.

Maybe I'll add more to this as more thoughts come during class.

p.s. If you're interested in listening to my friend T. Claire interview Katie Herzig you can hear them here. I'm refraining from giving my review of her new album. Hologram has a great melody and hook, and though I respect and admire her honesty, I obviously don't like the message of the song. Maybe it's personal :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Runaway Bride & You've Got Mail - I never would've guessed! I love You've Got Mail; Ray humored me & let me visit the filming locations while we were in New York. :)