Psalm 8
vv. 3-5
When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and teh stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor.
v. 9 O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! (and we're singin' it this Sunday!)
I took time to consider the heavens, the moon, and the stars last night after a short run. I kind of got caught up in the skies again. When i got home i laid down on the driveway and just stared. I used to be quite mesmerized by the stars as a kid. So much so that my grandmother actually got me a home planetarium (projects the star system on your room ceiling) when i was quite young. It was actually pretty cool. I got to fall asleep gazing at the stars, in my bedroom. Anyways, as I got older I would sporadically find a few minutes to pause and stare into the night sky, but not so often. Summers at camp I would make it a point to lie alone on the picnic table in the field and talk to God, getting lost in his vast creation after all the duties were done. That was in my twenties. :)
It's been awhile though. So last night was good, and it was needed. I think maybe I don't do it much anymore because either I'm too busy, or I don't even see the stars anymore. The good part about that is that I've learned to see past the stars, the bad part is that the city lights wash them out, and I just don't notice.
The last part of my run was a walk--not entirely because I was tired, but because I felt it was time to walk. Maybe it was also the new music in my ears that slowed me down. Perhaps the lyrics, the ethereal piano, or the subtle but ripping electric outro of "Falling Down Again" by Tyler Ward - my new favorite for the week. I found myself on my back, on the pavement, arms in the air again. Whether you catch the studio version or the acoustic version, it'll slow you down. If it doesn't you miss it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment