I couldn't get it down fast enough in class, and I was distracted by the scene I was reminded of from the movie Hitch. Our professor was commenting on the connection between our physical bodies and our neurological systems again and how they're connected. Our head is connected to our heart, and all is connected to the other "heart" (not the organ, i.e., gut feelings, or how anxiety affects breathing and other physiological functions). Hence the "lump in our chest," or the "knot in our stomach." Our "heart" is important for physiological healing. Probably also why exercise is helpful for healing our "heart." I'm definitely interested in learning more about this stuff!
In my elementary stage of learning, I'm forced to ask "what if one doesn't want to move on?"
[Albert is holding a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts]
Hitch: What you got there?
Albert: This? I figured maybe if my heart stops beating, it wouldn’t hurt so much.
Albert: You know, honestly, I never knew I could feel like this. You know? I swear I’m, I’m going out of my mind. It’s like I want to throw myself off of every building in New York. I, I see a cab and I just wanna dive in front of it because then I’ll stop thinking about her.
Hitch: Look, you will. Just give it time.
Albert: That’s just it. I don’t want to. I mean, I’ve waited my whole life to feel this miserable. I mean, and if this is the only way I can stay connected with her, then… well, this is who I have to be.
Hitch: No you don't. You can change. You can adapt. You can make it so you don't ever have to feel like this - ever again!
Currently listening: Tyler Ward - Falling Down Again
I simply CANNOT get enough of Tyler Ward right now, though I must give him a break because his songs have been keeping me awake at night... :( "The Hardest Thing," "Everything," "Mary Song," "Funky Love," "Sunset Dreaming,"Falling Down Again," "Fly Away"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment