Monday, May 5, 2008

I had to post this

My good friend Joel's wife Kari posted this story on her blog and I had to share it for two reasons 1) it's absolutely HILARIOUS (even more if you know Joel and and his expressions), 2) I'm quite proud of the parents they are. Mason is just over 2 I think?


"Now that Mason is in his big boy bed, bedtime includes mommy too, not just daddy. I now lay on his pillow next to him as Joel reads to, sings to, and prays for us. Having been excluded from the bedtime routine for over a year now, I have some insight into what deep spritual conversation occurs in those times.

Mason: Mommy, where is Jesus?

Me: Jesus is in Heaven.

Mason: Why he live in Heaven?

Me: Because he lives there with God, his Father.

Joel (aka, Seminarian, theologian): Mason, do you know who doesn't live Heaven? The Holy Spirit. He lives in Daddy and Mommy but we can't see him.

Mason and Mommy: blank stares

Mason: You guys leave now."

2 comments:

Joel said...

1. Thank you for the affirmation
2. I'm glad someone else thought it was funny. Every time I read this post I laugh out loud, but I thought maybe it was just me because I'm his dad and I was there.

fentastic said...

You're a good man Joel, a good husband, and a good father. Don't forget it. And you don't have to have a degree to be a counselor.