Friday, August 8, 2008

I wish...

I had the energy to write at this late hour:

1) the value of friends
2) my strange gift of helping my married boys with their romance
3) why i'm helping my married boys instead of myself
4) why joel is the only guy reading my blog
5) how i'm going to help joel ask his wife on a date this week
6) she'd realize...
7) my overall strange role in this world


I was going to save this for another post, but upon perusing my newly purchased album by Kendall Payne I came across the incredibly spoken lines:

"it's elementary to the wise
for the fool, in full disguise
beggars bow, poets kneel
and as for me, it's finally real."
From the song Daddy

I'm not sure how it relates to the rest of the song, and trust me, I'm not some high school christian girl waiting and hoping for romance and weddings... but I've always wanted to be better than mine. I've welcomed the challenge. The challenge to be a better husband. To be a better father. Am I alone? Do the others just take it as it comes? Perhaps it's because I so value individuals. Each person - a person - like me. Different places and situations, but still a person in a big, yet small world. For now I guess I should channel those hopes to challenge my boys in accountability to "love their wives" as the scriptures states. Sorry, like I said, I wish i had the energy to write more... someday. Someday.

3 comments:

Jaimie said...

I don't know who Joel is but he isn't the only one that ever reads your blogs...I check it quite frequently. I really like reading them!

Joel said...

what the hell...i'm confused. i went on a date with kari last night...with no mason! we saw the dark night. i can't believe you didn't like it. you're a strange one.

fentastic said...

Thanks Jaimie - case in point, I meant the only "male." :)