Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tamberines

So if you're wondering where the poll came from, yes, it was suggested by someone after service last Sunday. Interestingly enough, I had actually wondered if it was a possibility myself the previous week. I told him I had had the same thought and would "run it by my leadership team." This is a good catch-all for anyone in church leadership to indicate that suggestions are accepted, but also gets me out of being the bad guy when their suggestion is rejected. :) Hope I'm not revealing too many secrets here. Keep in mind that I'm pursuing a license in counseling, which in my opinion boils down to mental manipulation anyways...

BUT, I'd not experienced it before so in this case it wasn't just an excuse to blow-off someone's desire. However, I did run it by my leadership team. They, fortunately, have experienced it's experiment and were able to vouch for the "no-go," for it does cause chaos and distraction. Bummer. Kind of. I'm all for a joyful noise! :) Guess I'll stick to the six-stringed lyre.

This weeks set-list:
Nehemiah 8:10 Do not grieve for the joy of the Lord is your strength.
Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Set list:
Holy is the Lord - Tomlin
Beautiful Jesus - Stanfill
Mighty to Save - Hillsong
Marvelous Light - Hall
Everlasting God - Brenton Brown (Lincoln Brewster version)

Currently listening: Captivated - Vicky Beeching

No comments: