Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Yoga

I admit I'm curious about yoga, for health reasons. The whole meditation part I could do without. It's the stretchy part I'm interested in - that and getting the toxins out. Anyways, I know it's a gray subject matter within Christianity because of it's mystical background. I've not tried it (yet), and probably won't while I'm poor and without extra time (forever). But I don't think I'd be afraid to try it if I knew the place/instructor wasn't going to try to get me in touch with buddha or Baal. Rather than build an argument for or against here, maybe take some time and read someone funnier regarding yoga.

here's something I found funny also:

Starbucks is having trouble - their profits are down ninety seven percent in the third quarter.

Economists say Starbucks customers are switching to cheaper alternatives ... like cocaine.

- Jay Leno

In case you were wondering...any time you now find me posting a blog - I'm supposed to be writing a paper. I detest writing papers. Hate it.

3 comments:

Jaimie said...

I take a yoga class every Monday night. She does it without the meditation and "spiritual" part. It's awesome. You should try it if you can find the right class. I know some church's give free yoga classes quite often. At least down here in the Springs they do.
Just a thought...

Jessica said...

Yoga is fabulous. A yoga/pilates combo is even better (in my opinion). Ray made fun of me until he tried to do the stretches with me - he was gasping for breath after a few minutes! I just go with the videos & what I find in magazines. I took one class last time I was rpegnant & I must say that it's very helpful to have an instructor to make sure you're posing correctly so you don't injure yourself & get maximum benefit.

Jess said...

I'm a huge fan of yoga. The health benefits are amazing. It has also made me realize how much potential or bodies have. I didn't know I'm as strong as I am, because I don't push the limits. So much potential....