Upon completing the fourth chapter in the aforementioned textbook, I'm beginning to appreciate some of the things I think the author is attempting to communicate. I might actually enjoy some of the depth of subject - that I think I understand. Interestingly enough, wouldn't an author be more effective if he skipped all the ego-centric attempts at sounding scholarly? I have many friends who are gifted writers. Some are very impressive with their vocabulary and their use of it. But those whom I would consider the better writers are those who can sculpt their sentences better in emotion and clarity (Joel and Kari).
I hereby give you permission: If I EVER begin a sentence with the word "concomitantly," - shoot me. if you don't have a gun, I'll lend you mine. I guess I'd be "giving" you mine...
p.s. I saw the bloody movie, Australia last night. It was decent. There was ONE f-bomb in the whole movie. I must say, however, it was timely and effective. Strange to perhaps ruin a rating for it though... Two faults: 1) too much kissing (eww), 2) three hour movie (had i known I would not have considered the 10:00 showing).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
wow man, thanks. i'm with kari as i read that. she's touched. who wouldn't be.
hey mister.
did you ever get a package in the mail...
Post a Comment