I've lived in Colorado for just over 4 years now. I love it, no doubt about it. I remember a friend (Mary) asking me shortly after the 2 year mark if I "still see the mountains." I was able to answer a resounding "yes!" I was even impressed with myself that I still noticed the mountains. We as humans tend to take things for granted when we're ALWAYS blessed with their presence. Think the song "Don't know what you got, till it's gone." We forget to be thankful. We forget to be thankful for people. We forget to be thankful for grace.Today I remembered that I had not taken notice of my mountains lately...albeit, I haven't been able to take notice of much of anything lately. So I made it a point upon leaving the house to take a moment and consider His mountains.
"I see Your face in every sunrise
The colors of the morning are inside Your eyes
The world awakens in the light of the day
I look up to the sky and say
You’re beautiful"
It might be a strange leap, but I think that's why the Lord Jesus said "do this in remembrance of me." Because we forget, and we fall into the trap of worshiping ourselves. We become our own gods.
Phil. 1:3 I thank my God in all my remembrance of you.
One more opportunity for me to plug the disappointing "christian" politics that are going on. I know my friends dug in and researched the economy and tax repercussions of late...but they didn't "research" or remember what is near to the heart of God. I wonder if the American economy is close to the heart of God. Wait, no, I don't wonder. Anyways...
Heb. 10:29 How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?

1 comment:
Agh...hate Greeley~ I am less than 15 minutes away from our God's Glory in the Rockies. Everytime I drive back home, I overwhelmingly resound with a "Thank you Jesus!" that I live so dang close to the Peak. And whenever I drive into Greeley once more, I always feel the need to say goodbye to my beloved mountains and give a "see ya later." :) We are so blessed for our glorious, mystifying, above timber line, no oxygen, awe-inspiring mountains, are we not? :) Great post Justin, I loved all the different pictures, too.
Post a Comment