I'll admit, I'm a little jealous of The Fray. They're overly talented and they look like they have a lot of fun on the road. Their latest single "You Found Me," from their self-titled album releasing 2-3-09, has me stuck in melody. I truly enjoy it. I have to do some research, however, to figure out what point of view Slade is writing from. In true genius I think it can be from either Slade's perspective, or maybe from God's. A creative feat if you ask me. Here's one of the videos.Aside from their success, I believe the interviews when they're portrayed as very grounded guys. I even get hopes of maybe being able to turn my own experiences into songs someday. I get confused with my role in the church sometimes because I don't want to get pigeon-holed or tied-up in the hierarchy of the church waiting for only airplane rides for opportunities to share Jesus with people. In the last month I've had the excitement of 3 separate opportunities to share Jesus with complete strangers. All were at bars and all pretty lengthy conversations with genuine questions. My favorite experience was on New Years Eve when the girl's friend heard I was a pastor and asked, "so what are you doing down here, tonight?" I smiled and replied, "Talking to you." Who else was? Matthew 9:9-13
Anyways, more wisdom from The Fray (read the entire article here):
"Slade likens his job to any other. 'If you're a painter, paint, but you don't have to have Jesus in every picture. Paint well, and if you paint well enough, they might ask you why you do that.'"
"Slade points out that Jesus used stories that contained much earthly imagery. 'The Pharisees just quoted Bible verses,' Slade says. 'Jesus related the parables to people's lives. The people were drawn in by the plot development, character and conflict.'"
"The men say they take the temptations seriously and serve as accountability partners for one another. If any member of the band were caught with a woman, Welsh jokes that the other guys wouldn't just reprimand him: 'We'd skip right to murder.'"
p.s.
In an interview, Isaac Slade expressed his meaning behind the lyrics of the song:
Furthermore, in a Reuters article about the new album, Slade says that the lyrics for "You Found Me" were written two and a half years ago, and that the song is asking the question about why bad things happen to good people after some of their friends and family went through very tough times"You Found Me" is a tough song for me. Its about the disappointment, the heart ache, the let down that comes with life. Sometimes you’re let down, sometimes you’re the one who lets someone else down. It gets hard to know who you can trust, who you can count on. This song came out of a tough time, and I’m still right in the thick of it. There’s some difficult circumstances my family and friends have been going through over the past year or so and can be overwhelming. It wears on me. It demands so much of my faith to keep believing, keep hoping in the unseen. Sometimes the tunnel has a light at the end, but usually they just look black as night. This song is about that feeling, and the hope that I still have, buried deep in my chest.[4]

No comments:
Post a Comment