I love my church. We have our personality flaws (raises hand), but we must be doing something right. I hope that something is humble obedience. When i hear of friends' churches doing poorly due to things from sermon disatisfaction (not a word) to financial struggles - we're growing. Unsaved people are coming to church and then inviting their unsaved friends and neighbors.
I left our leadership meeting tonight feeling like a little kid without anything to offer surrounded by such gifted and caring people. I used to laugh at people who thought worship leaders just get up and play the guitar, because there's a lot more work involved. Next to these people, I kind of feel like i just get up and play the guitar. To watch and hear my campus pastor break down and cry because he's reached a point where he doesn't know what to do because he's carrying so many people's burdens is hard, but re-alerts me to why I love and respect him so much. He's not in it for the glory, a name in lights, personal attention for his giftings, or "success" for planting a "successful" church - but because he knows God's heart and sees people through God's eyes. That's a real pastor. If you ask me, I'll take a true shepherd over "great" teaching any day.
God is working here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I could not agree more! We are so humbled to be a part of what God is doing in this part of the country through Crossroads! You are a huge part of that, Justin! God has blessed the Northern Range Campus with a God-empowered, shepherd's heart-seeking staff!
Post a Comment