Thought I'd take the time to quickly get this in, as I should be studying.
I have a friend with some serious issues. Anyways, I'm doing my best as a friend to be consistent with him, but also attempting not to be enabling of his addictions and disorders. He's told me that I have permission to "speak into his life at any time necessary." So I did. He was out, had too much to drink, and was fervently pursuing some girls that were celebrating mardis gras style. I said some things that led to a shouting match and almost to fisticuffs. Granted, he would demolish me. I was pretty ticked about how he was acting and proceeded to tell him. One of the things I said was that I was trying to protect his reputation. He stated "I don't have a reputation." I refuted, but it's hard to have a logical conversation with someone who's had too much to drink.
Anyways, later in the week he asked me why i was so angry that night (for he couldn't remember all of it). I told him about my attempts to guard his reputation (for despite his rebuttals, he also has MUCH to offer). He listened, but responded by saying that he still disagreed - that he doesn't have a reputation (part of his depressive disorder). My simple reply to him was, "yes, you do. You're called a Christian. Therefore you represent my Jesus Christ."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
very well put.
Post a Comment