Friday, September 5, 2008

metrosexuality

I may need to come back to this when I have time (realistically that means never).

I haven't kept up with The Stuff Christians Like blog as I'd prefer to, but upon revisitation today I caught this comment in response to the Jesus fish stickers on cars:

1. Can you personalize them or does everyone in the family get the same sticker? Say that I was a metrosexual worship leader, could I add some little white Puma sneakers to mine or perhaps fluff up some of the scales with a little product?


So Jesus fish stickers aside - what's the deal with everything thinking that worship leaders are all metrosexual? Granted, I know the term metrosexual has become a relative term and everyone now has their own definition for what they think it means... Here's what I'd like to propose with the critiques of today's worship leaders adhering to the worship leader mold: Perhaps the genre of music today has attracted the personality type of the genre (artistic/edgy/creative/ecclectic), rather than the other way around?

Not that people outside the "fashionable" cannot fill that role, but as my humorous friend Jeremy put it: they might do Blessed Be Your Name, but they're doing it like the Lawrence Welk Show.

2 comments:

fentastic said...

case in point.

Anonymous said...

That was amusing!