Monday, March 9, 2009

losing the war of time...

I've been MIA, I know. I'm busy beyond enjoyment. Read with me, won't you?

The Sinner’s Hope:
“Breathe again, sinner, breathe again; do not despair; trust in Him thou fearest. Fly home to Him from Whom thou hast fled away; cry cravingly to Him Whom thou has so proudly provoked. Jesus, Jesus; for the sake of this Thy Name, deal with me according to this Name. Jesus, Jesus; forget Thy proud provoker, and bend Thine eye upon the poor invoker of Thy Name, the Name so sweet, the Name so dear, the Name so full of comfort to a sinner, and so full of blessed hope.”

“And now, poor mortal, avoid for a little while earthly employments, hid thee for a time from thy conflicting thoughts, throw aside thy burdensome cares, and post-pone to another time all wearisome distractions. Retire for a little space to God, and rest thee for a while in Him. Enter into the closet of thy heart; shut out all except God, and what may help thee in thy quest of Him, and with closed door seek Him. And then say, O my whole heart, say at once to God, “I seek Thy Face; Thy Face, O Lord, will I seek."

- Anselm of Canterbury (c. 1033-1109)

No comments: