Monday, October 19, 2009

Hawkeyes

October 19, 2009.

My beloved Hawkeyes are ranked 7th in the AP top 25 polls and 6th in the BCS early standings. This is an exciting accomplishment for the Hawks, but being the pessimist that I am (which goes hand in hand with being a Hawkeye fan) I fear the early attention is for our worse.

They are 7-0, and that in and of itself is, again, a great accomplishment for any team. But I'm writing it here because I want it recorded in writing: I hope I'm wrong, but I predict they lose at least 2 of their remaining 5 games. I venture so far as to say that NONE of their current wins have been because of good football - some simply because of luck. We're simply going to get criticized even more for being ranked so high so early - and after they choke and lose people are going to be asking, "Iowa? Why were they ranked in the top 10?"

1 comment:

Joel said...

I just like that you finally blogged again.